This week’s spellings for 5JS:
Homophones – words that sound the same (from the Greek words homo – the same and phone – sound) but have different spellings and meanings.
- stationary – something that is not moving
- stationery – you can buy a pen from a stationery shop
- farther – ‘I live farther away from school than you.’
- father – a man who has children
- cereal – you might eat this for breakfast
- serial – ‘Series three of my favourite serial starts on television tonight.‘
- heard – when you can hear something with your ears
- herd – a group of cows or elephants for example
- steel – a type of manufactured metal – ‘The steel industry boomed in the industrial revolution.’
- steal – to take something that isn’t yours
Please practise these words – and your year 3/4 gaps – using your SPaG Activity book and Spelling Menu.
Thank you, Miss Sanderson 🙂