We have put together an educational pack of activities for your child to do at home during if the school has to close. The pack includes a variation of activity sheets, online links and ideas. This information will also be available on the school website along with any activity updates, please check frequently. We recommend that the children complete most of the activities daily but not to worry if they don’t complete every activity in each daily set.
· Daily maths activity.
· Various multiplication grids.
· Mathletics. This covers all areas of maths and the children are very familiar with it. They can access this via a computer, tablet or smartphone. This is available through the free app or the website https://www.mathletics.com/uk/
· Maths frame. This a website with lots of free games. Some can be accessed using a table or phone, others require a computer. https://mathsframe.co.uk/
· Times tables games. This a website with lots of free games. Some can be accessed using a table or phone, others require a computer. https://www.timestables.co.uk/
· Follow activities in the pack.
· Spelling menu. Children use the common exception words to complete the activities in any order they choose.
· Common exception words. Children practise reading the common exception words for years 3 & 4.
· ICT games. Children can practise learned spelling patterns and common exception words. https://www.ictgames.com/mobilePage/lcwc/index.html
· Interactive word search. Children can create their own word searches and practise them online. https://thewordsearch.com/maker/
There are various comprehension activities in the pack provided.
· Reading book. Your child will have Accelerated Reading books however; they will not be expected to complete a quiz on these books. Your child should read for approximately 30 minutes each day (whether this is independent, with an adult or a combination). The children are welcome to read their own books too.
· Once your child has finished reading their book, they should complete a reading activity or write a book review.
· Children to practise the given word using the guidelines provided.
· Mathletics. See above.
· Lexia. This can only be accessed via the free app, which can be downloaded onto a tablet. You must ensure it is the UK version. The teacher’s email must be used in order to set up the app, and then your child can log in as normal.
· Purplemash. There are a variety of games that can be played on this website. However, we have set some ‘2Dos’ which are short activities for your child to complete. www.purplemash.com
· Education city. There are a variety of games that can be played on this website. However, we have set some ‘tasks’ which are short activities for your child to complete. www.educationcity.com
Please keep all of your child’s work in the folder provided in order to hand it in when school resumes.
We can be contacted via our email addresses:
Log on details can also be provided electronically, please email Miss Leonard or Mr Rich.