Our beautiful art work completed with Mrs Hodgson
Invite from Boldon School
A reminder that homework and spellings can be found in our Y6 Google Classrooms 😻
As a school we use the Google Suite for Education to help us in school and out of school. After experiencing remote learning before the summer holidays we have all worked hard to embrace new technologies.
We would like to remind children (and parents) that when you are logged onto our school website and using the tools which are available to you that it is solely for school work.
Conversations should be related to school and work which you have been asked to do by your teachers.
It is an amazing tool and should be used with respect.
Here is a link to some You Tube videos which may help when using Google.
As always our school website has advice and links for all technology related issues in the e-safety tab.
Responsible Computer and Internet Use
At Ashley Primary School we use school computers and internet access for learning. The following rules will help us to keep everyone safe when using this technology.
* On the school network, I will only use my own login and password which I will keep a secret at all times.
* I will not look at, or delete other people’s files.
* I will not bring external memory drives or USB Memory Sticks into school without permission and will not use these on school machines.
* I will ask permission before entering any website, unless my teacher has already approved the site.
* When using the school website I will only use my own login and password which I will keep a secret at all times.
* I will only email people I know, or who my teacher has approved sending them appropriate and polite messages.
* I will ask permission before opening an email or an email attachment sent by a person I do not know.
* I will not use internet chat.
* If I see anything I am unhappy with or receive messages I do not like, I will tell a teacher immediately.
* I understand the school may check my computer and email files and may monitor the internet sites I visit.
* I understand that if I deliberately break these rules, I could be stopped from using the internet and computers.
Good Morning children, remember to login to the school website to access the work that is on google classroom. If you post Good Morning to me on there so I know who has logged on.
I hope you are all safe and well! X😊
The children in Y6 have spellings to learn! They will find them in our online google classroom. The children will be reminded later today how to log in and access their spellings. We would appreciate it if you would take a look and support them with their learning.
A massive Ashley thank you goes out to Yvonne and Linda who have made some absolutely gorgeous ‘Worry Monster’ for the children in EYFS and KS1 (I think KS2 will want some when they see them!) I think you’ll agree that they are beautiful and we are all looking forward to using them to help our young people with some of their worries. I imagine a few of us grown-ups could do with a Worry Monster right now! Quite a few teachers are using a wonderful book called ‘The Colour Monster’ by Anna Llenas and our new Worry Monsters will work perfectly with it.
Thanks again ladies, we really do appreciate it.
Today, all Year Six children have been shown how to log into the school website. They have all joined the online google classroom for their class. In the event of home learning, the first thing that the children should do is sign into their email accounts, where there will be an instruction from Mrs Coult or Miss Humphrey. This will explain where to locate any work set.
Any problems we are contactable at
We have had a great week! Thank you for your support and patience-it’s good to be back.